Monday, February 16, 2009

No place like home..No Place like home...

When I click my heels 3 times and say "There's no place like Home" this is where I end up.
I took the time this weekend and went to Bishop CA. I only spent 7 years of my life there but it will always be the place I call "Home". I feel such a since of peace and well being when I am there.

This picture was taken from the porch of Kay Kessler. She as been a second Mom to me for the last 25 plus years. I love to sit on her porch and stare at the view. I have had a lot of great conversations on that porch. If that porch could talk...(thank goodness it can not)

I had my 18th birthday party on the front lawn. I left my VW bug in neutral and it rolled backwards and almost hit the neighbors Porsche' but did hit the telephone poll!!

I could go to Bishop and never leave that porch and would consider it a great trip...

This trip I was able to get together with some great friends. One that I had not seen in 21 years.
It was a great trip...

I love being here in Utah and love being around my family and I would not change any of that.

4 comments:

Becky said...

What great memories!!

rick&alisse said...

I too love quiet times to reflect on childhood memories. It makes our crazy lives all worth it!!!

Craig and Amber said...

I didn't know you lived there. What a great experience to go back and remember your childhood, that is where I find the most happiness is in memories!!

Tami said...

Welcome Home!! Wish I could of been there to share it with you. It has been 12 years since I last saw that view. There is no place like home and Bishop will always be home to me as well.